Friday, June 14, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday, June 14 - Book Spine Poetry



Gain new followers & make new friends, with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow!  The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can ReadEach host has a Feature Blog.  If you're a blogger, come join in on the fun!  Click the links to sign up or to get more info.

This week's Question Activity is . . . .


Activity: Spine Poetry. Create a line of poetry with your book spines (take a picture). 

Not feeling creative? Tell us about your favorite poem.






Too much blood,
Fourth grave beneath my feet.
The laughter of dead kings.
Cat pay the devil -
BURN.


Yes, it's a little disturbing.  Keep in mind that I am a Mysteries aficionado, and a well-stocked-Kindle owner,  with a limited diversity of actual book spines to work with.  An intervention is not necessary.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


COMMENTS from GOOGLE+

Nicole Hewitt

4 weeks ago  -  Shared publicly
Your comments after your poem cracked me up!  I'm loving this week's FF!  This is the only time that I've made an effort to go and visit ALL of the participants' blogs because I'm so loving reading everyone's poems!!

I'm now following via BlogLovin'!

You can find my poem here.

 
Thanks, Nicole!  Just havin' a little fun here - that's why I blog.  LOL

Thanks for the visit and the new follow, also!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elizabeth Barbarick

2 weeks ago  -  Shared publicly
 
I really liked your poem! Super creative! I'm a new follower! Please follow back if you can! Check out my FF

Love,
Elizabeth @ Stuffed Shelves

  
Reply
 
Thanks, and thanks for the visit and the follow!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meredith Johnson

3 weeks ago  -  Shared publicly
 
Bahahaha! Love the fine print. And I'm with you, I had to use library books b/c everything is on the Kindle now :) Love the impact of the ending. I'm a new follower via GFC and bloglovin.

Meredith
Meredith's Musings

 · 
Reply
 
Thanks, Meredith!  And thanks so much for the visit and the follows!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jo Anon

3 weeks ago  -  Shared publicly
 
The spine poetry is nice, but your fine print is hilarious. I'll have to try this.
 · 
Reply
 
Thanks, Jo, and thanks for the visit!  It was fun!  You SHOULD  try it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica aGREATread

4 weeks ago  -  Shared publicly
Still, very nice! Just came from a blog where they were an ebook reader as well! I did a pic of one of my TBR stacks and the titles didn't really mesh well!

Here's my Follow Friday

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)
 
Thanks, Jessica!

I guess someone who only reads ebooks would have to snap a photo of the ereader itself.  ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lexxie Lin

4 weeks ago  -  Shared publicly
 
I love it! And disturbing / dark poems are always excellent IMO. So much can be said with just a few words :) Great work Jane!
Here's my FF post :)
+
1
2
1
 
 · 
Reply
 
Thanks, Lexxie!

It's funny - because poems have to say a lot with just a few words, I always hated poetry writing assignments in high school (and creative writing in general).  I just got lucky with the books I had in my bookshelf - LOL.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whitney B

4 weeks ago  -  Shared publicly
 
Poor kitty, but nice poem.  I created my poem with ebooks and just forewent the picture.  Have a great weekend!
 · 
Reply
Thanks, Whitney, and thanks for hopping in!


 
No kitties were harmed in the creation of this poem.  Maxie is still okay. 





Here she is, surveying her Queendom.




Here she is, apparently annoyed at the paparazzi.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Courtney Gendreau

3 weeks ago  -  Shared publicly
 
Just popping in,and I must say great poem.  I'm a new follower!

My FF

Jane Carraway

1 week ago  -  Shared publicly
 
Thanks, Courtney! and thanks for the visit and the follow!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------