Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (May 21), Playing With Matches




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!






Playing With Matches
Playing with Matches, by N.C. Hyzy
Synopsis:

As a female PI in Chicago, Riley Drake doesn't get the respect she deserves. Why should she? Right now her only client is PS Consultants, a high-class matchmaking enterprise, for whom she runs discreet background checks. 

But then Riley is hired by billionaire John Stratton who is desperate to resume dating and make his own love connection. The handsome widower would be quite the catch—if it weren't for the fact that he probably murdered his wife. 

Stratton’s woes are only part of Riley’s problems. Other clients—a TV celebrity with sexual-perception issues, a Trump-like entrepreneur with an embarrassing secret, and a worshipful drug-addict trying to go straight—keep her running through the streets of Chicago, ready to take down anyone who gets in her way. 

Riley is determined to discover the truth about all of them, even though she knows playing with matches means you sometimes get burnt.  (from Goodreads)




Teaser:
Uncharacteristically flushed, she'd either just had a fabulous quickie with her husband in a back room, or she'd won the lottery.  Since I knew Gus wasn't around today, I put bets on a monetary windfall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMENTS from GOOGLE+




Andrea Thompson

1 month ago  -  Shared publicly
Ha! I love this teaser! Thanks for sharing!
 · 
Reply

You're welcome!  I enjoyed the book!   Thanks for visiting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Kar Achondo

1 month ago  -  Shared publicly
I loved it! Sounds like a really fun read. I'll check it out :)
Thanks for stopping by my TT. I'm following back

Kar @ Pause TIme
 · 
Reply

Thanks for hopping in!  It was a fun read, and I enjoyed it.  I hope you do, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Yvonne Fiction Books

1 month ago  -  Shared publicly
Hi Jane,

It was good to have you stop by Fiction Books today. I love 'meeting' new people, so you can be assured that your visits will always be welcome and your comments always appreciated.

Your teaser lines made me smile and wonder just whereabouts we are, that this kind of behaviour might be encouraged!

I am assuming that if 'she' has had a monetary windfall, this will have some direct bearing on one of Riley's cases?

This sounds like a fast-paced, fun read and I hope that your are enjoying it.

Yvonne
Hi, Yvonne!

I did enjoy the book.  Thanks for coming to visit my blog!

'She' is Riley's boss, so the windfall will affect Riley's paychecks, and her next assignment.   I am looking forward to the next book about Riley.

Jane

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Hanneke Dijkman

1 month ago  -  Shared publicly
Just wanted to say hi back, thanks for visiting my blog!! Love this little snippet, looks like a lovely read to me! 
 · 
Reply

Thanks for hopping in!  Yes, I enjoyed it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Sunny Kern

1 month ago  -  Shared publicly
Great Tease!  thanks for stopping by SunnyReads!
 · 
Reply

You're welcome!  Thanks for hopping in to Jane Reads.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------